New Edinburgh Artists Studio Tour 2018 Dates: September 22nd and 23rd, 10-4pm
Accepting Submissions for 2018. Deadline to apply Feb 28th, 2018.
**We are specifically seeking high end jewellery makers, musicians, and ceramic artists to join our tour.**
We are a group of local artists, professional and emerging, who want to build a vibrant arts community. By creating this tour, we hope to promote visual arts within our community, increase visibility of our local artists, and inspire those around us. From traditional painters, photographers, glass artists, potters, to mixed media artists, our tour offers something for everyone. Creating an exceptional art experience is very important to us, which is why we created this unique opportunity to meet our featured artists in their studios, learn about their creative processes first hand and purchase original works of art directly from the maker.
Defining the Neighbourhood
NEST is a walkable neighbourhood studio tour and as such, all studios must reside in the boundaries of New Edinburgh.
We hold a few spots each year for guest artists who can showcase their work in the studio of a New Edinburgh artist, friend, or neighbourhood gallery. Guest artists are defined as those wishing to join the tour, but who do not live or work within the local area. Please specify on the application if you have an address in New Edinburgh to participate in the tour or if you require placement with one of our artists or galleries.
- Guest artists must reapply from year to year.
- Guest artists agree to meet all other conditions applicable to resident artists.
Conditions of Entry
All artist applicants must be juried in. A panel of current NEST members acts as the selection jury. Entries may be submitted by email to email@example.com. New applicants should submit their work by February 28th 2018 to be included in this year’s tour. Submissions received after March 1st, 2018 will be considered only if space is available. The admission of new artists is by the unanimous vote of the jury.
Participating artists must:
- Produce original fine art, jewellery or ceramic work
- Have a substantial body of work with a minimum of 10 pieces on display for the tour.
- Confirm your participation no later than March 31, 2018
- Pay the annual entry fee due April 15th, 2018
- Contribute to the promotion of NEST (at the very minimum promoting and posting on social media and emailing your mailing list)
- Donate a small piece of work for a door prize (think small – perhaps a sketch or colour study? If you are unable to provide something tangible, consider offering a discount on a future purchase or unique opportunity (coaching session, live one on one painting demonstration etc).
- The applicant must be the designer, creator and producer of the artwork sold during the tour.
- Work exhibited and sold during the tour must reflect the work presented to the jury in the application.
- The artist is expected to share promotional materials through his/her own website, social networks and email invites.
- Studio must be manned by the artist for the duration of the tour (exception to shared gallery space).
- The artist is responsible for all insurance, liabilities and costs incurred for his/her location.
- The artist must show professionalism in his/her conduct and subscribe to the goals and objectives of the tour.
- The artist is encouraged to enlist the help of friends/family or volunteers for extra help in the studio.
- The NEST welcomes each artist to provide live demonstrations and/or visual representation of his/her artistic processes to the public (not mandatory).
- Kindly respect the New Edinburgh Studio Tour and fellow artists by adhering to the criteria stated above.
Deadline to apply
Deadline to apply is February 28, 2018. Successful applicants will be notified mid March 2017.
NEST fee $250
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include:
- Portfolio of 5 images in jpeg format or via your web site. If sent by email, please size JPG images between 100-300KB. JPG File Names should include: your name (1st initial & surname) + year produced + image name or # + media + size) and be available to use as promotion of the NEST tour. Work must have been created within the last two years.
- A list of included images
- Studio location, personal contact and social media information
- Please specify if you are applying as a Resident (live or work within the local area) or guest artist
- New applicants must provide a current CV that includes previous art shows and your intended display location for the NEST tour, which must be within the geographic boundaries of New Edinburgh. If you are applying as a guest artist and require placement, please specify in your application.